Thursday 3 January 2013

Christmas Biscuits and Book Cake

 In an attempt to catch up on cakes and bakes from 2012, here is what I made in December:


Christmas Biscuits:  Every year, I make my staff something for Christmas, and this year I made biscuits.  These snowman and candy cane biscuits were fun to make.  I used an embossed roller to make the pattern on the scarf.



  
Book Cake:  We host 'Second Tuesday Bookclub' each month.  This year was our fourth birthday and so this cake is supposed to look like a stack of four books.  The one second from the top looks a bit wonky, but my theory is that it's a well-read book :)


 

My new apron: And although it's not a cake, I had to show off my new apron, made for me by Bron at A Bron Creation. Bron had the job of creating four new items from my nana's supper cloth - she made aprons for my mum, my sister and me, plus a bag for my niece.  My nana would love that her hard work embroidery isn't just sitting in a cupboard somewhere.  Thanks Bron! 


-N-

1 comment:

  1. Happy New year to you both....hope the apron has come in handy with all that baking you have been doing. xx

    ReplyDelete