Thursday 10 May 2012

Fondant Covered Biscuits

I had never thought of using fondant icing to decorate biscuits until I went to the Everything Baking Expo earlier this year - I had only ever used royal icing before.  There was a great demonstration about using fondant icing, and the demonstrator showed us lots of different techniques.  Cook the biscuits as usual using whatever cutters you like, and then when cooled, use the same cutter to cut out the fondant.  Stick the fondant on with a little sugar water using a thin paint brush.  Next add embellishments.  It's a really effective way to make a nice little gift.  
 
There are loads of different biscuit cutters to choose from, and they're not very expensive (which makes it quite dangerous when browsing for new ones :)   These are pictures from the biscuits I made for a baby shower, and I also made biscuits for Easter this year.  I have another order for a baby shower next weekend.

If there ever comes a time when you're sick of eating cake - eat biscuits instead!

Oh - and have you ever done a 'vanity search' on the internet for your name?  Mine never comes up, but I have been checking to see if any of my cakes appear when using Google image search.  My volleyball cake has made page 3 of the image search :)  Small things...

-N-

No comments:

Post a Comment