Thursday 22 September 2011

A day off

I love only working 4 days and having a day off in the middle of the week.  I have spent it sleeping, going for a swim, and watching multiple episodes of Cake Boss.  I have only just started watching this show, and I am hooked.  I knew during the first episode that I would get sucked into watching it all. It's terrible, but I love it.  I spend the whole time thinking about which cakes I think I could make (like the zombie cake) and the ones I definitely couldn't (like the rhino).  Did you know that corn syrup and red food colouring make a good substitute for blood on cakes?  I'll have to try it out some time.  

The thing that I don't like about Cake Boss is that they spend the whole time yelling at each other.  That was until one of the 5-tier cakes got dropped down the stairs - no one said a word about that as they all just worked on re-creating the cake in a hour and a half so that they could get it to the party on time.  Maybe they work together as a family after all.

Oh - and I just tried to book into another cake class, but it has been cancelled :(  Guess I'll just have to find another one!  

-N-

No comments:

Post a Comment