Tuesday 27 September 2011

Handbags

My friend from work has asked me to make her twin daughters' 21st birthday cakes next year.  She wants a handbag cake and football cake, so I have been spending time looking at lots of different versions of both.
I made this handbag cake a few months ago (that's supposed to be leopard print on the side!), but I want to try something different - something that looks a little more realistic.  I have a while to try out a few versions, so mum is getting a handbag cake for her birthday, and so is another friend.  Anyone else need a cake that looks like a handbag?

I had a look on youtube for ideas about how to make them, but their way has confused me (using templates.. cutting panels.. all sounds a bit hard to me!).  I think that I might stick with my plan and try to make it how I think it will work.  Stay tuned for the photos that will either prove or disprove my theory! 
  

-N-

No comments:

Post a Comment