Friday 28 October 2011

Popcorn Cake

Popcorn Cake
My husband is running a film festival at his school later this year.  He asked if I could make cakes that could be used instead of trophies, and that looked like a box of popcorn.  I got to use some new square cutters that I bought yesterday - they made covering this little cake a whole lot quicker.  It only stands about 7cm high and yes, I just used actual popcorn on top. I could say that it was to add to the realism, but really I'm just being lazy!

There's something therapeutic about making cakes.  Unless things start going wrong.  Last night I made some little mudcakes for a present. I was really tired, but needed to have them sorted for today, and so kept going until they were done.  Only problem was that the icing kept tearing and I kept on cutting the icing the wrong size, so then it wouldn't fit.  Nothing therapeutic about having to re-do something that should be easy in the first place.  But making the popcorn cake this morning was fun.  Just as well, seeing as though I'll be making at least 20 of them!

-N-

No comments:

Post a Comment